All new MPS volunteers must...
- Complete the volunteer application. New volunteer applications will be processed on Mondays.
- Review the online orientation and agree to the MPS Volunteer Expectations. Schools may require you to complete a school-specific volunteer orientation.
- Some volunteer positions require you to complete a background check.
Volunteer Background Checks
Background checks are required for volunteers who will be working in an unsupervised role with students. School leaders decide which volunteer roles require a background check.
Requesting a Background Check
- Complete the volunteer background check request form.
- You will receive an email with a link to complete your background check online within 5 business days. The email will be sent from First Advantage and the subject line will read "kick off your background check". Important: the link will be valid for 48 hours only; if you do not complete the check within 48 hours, you will need to request a new link.
- The school will notify you of your background check results. Please allow 2-3 weeks to complete the background check process before your volunteering begins. Once cleared, your background check results are valid for two years.